This is a
selection of photographs presented in two parts and
all taken on September 8th 2004 in this important garden
that occupies an area of over 80 acres. Most of the garden was first
Henry Davis Pochin from 1874 onwards until his death in 1895.
Bodnant Hall had been built in 1792 but was remodelled by Pochin and on his death it was inherited by his daughter (whose husband
became the First Lord Aberconway in 1911). The garden, but not
the Hall or other parts of the estate, was presented to the National
Trust, with an endowment, in 1949. The Hall remains the home of Lord Aberconway
and members of his family continue to be actively involved in the
management of the garden on behalf of the National Trust.